for something? Try your words in the search window below.
try the FAQs Page
Business & Community
to Lake Summerset
(Illinois' Best Kept Secret)
A private recreational
community located in Northwest Illinois on 1550 acres of wooded
hillsides and rolling meadows. The lake's proximity to the surrounding
communities of Rockford, Freeport, Beloit, Monroe, and Brodhead
has allowed hundreds of members to leave the congestion of the city
for the year-round enjoyment of Lake Summerset's many offerings.
Got A Question? Check our FAQs Page here...
How To Find Us - Map/Directions
E-Mail Blast: LS Members - Join the e-mail blast mailing list [to the left] for news bulletins that are of importance to all members.
- Board/Annual Meeting Recordings: Audio recordings
of the LSA Board meetings (mp3 format) can now be downloaded from here...
- Contact Management: You may directly contact our General Manager or any Lake Summerset
Director using the following
- Dog Park (Fido Field): Reminder - If you are going to use the Dog Park, your dogs must be registered at the LS Office. Verification of rabies vaccination is required and the fee is $20 a year per household. Fido Field Rules & Regulations...
- Garden Plots Available. Want a garden, but don't have room in your yard? Sign up for a community plot...Click Here...
- Forms: Guest Passes and other forms can be found here...
- LSA Fee Schedule for 2014/2015 can be viewed here...
- Pet Waste Disposal - "Poopy Pouches" available - Details...
- Special Guest Passes
- These special passes are available for members to give to their
invited guests for these specific holiday/events...
- November 6: Flu Shot Clinic: 8:30–11 a.m. LSA Office - Details...
- October 18: Children’s Halloween Party
- Lodge, 2:00-4:00 p.m. Details...
- October 31: Trick or Treating at the lake - 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- December 13: Children’s Christmas Party - Lodge, 2:00-4:00 p.m
- Activity Calendar: Monthly Calendar for Lake activities, Click Here...
- Activity/Event Schedule for 2014/15 can be viewed Here...
- Bocce Ball Club: Click
Here for activities and the Newsletter
- Card Club every Friday at the lodge, 1-4pm. If you like to play "500"
come on down.
- Disc Golf is now at Lake Summerset: Download the scoresheet and get the rules, Click Here...
- Garden Club website... Click Here...
- Hand & Foot
Cards first Monday of every month at the lodge, 1-4pm.
Lake Summerset offers some
of the best sport fishing in the midwest. State record tiger Muskie were
taken from the lake in 1988 and again in 1989 and 2002.
The combination of carefully
controlled stocking and regulated entry to members and their guests has
created an excellent fishing environment.
Game fish which are stocked
in the lake include: Walleye, Northern Pike, Tiger Muskie, Large Mouth
Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Channel Catfish, Bluegill, and Crappie.
The adjoining park areas of
the lodge are host to many members and their guests.
Lake Summerset members can
enjoy water activities including power boating, sailing, and skiing. Members
may also enjoy the great outdoors at the private campground facilities.
The 75 campsites lie on 25 acres of beautifully wooded terrain.
Tennis enthusiasts may try their
game on the regulation courts. And there is a Bocce Ball league that plays
Many beautiful permanent and
weekend homes are built yearly at Lake Summerset.
No matter what your game, Lake
Summerset has the perfect setting for its enjoyment.